EDIT: See comment below from Martin about the new version, where the fixes are applied. Get it here: http://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-receiver/linux/receiver-for-linux-131.html
An update on installing the Citrix Reciver on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) as part of the Citrix series.
Get the application from the citrix website.
Select the deb format, and in my case the 64bit version.
Do not try and install this file as it will not work.
I only discovered this after I tried and failed to install it via the qapt-deb-installer. Dropping to the command line and installing dpkg failed as well but at least there was more information available.
# dpkg -i icaclient_18.104.22.1686735_amd64.deb Selecting previously unselected package icaclient. (Reading database ... 143453 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack icaclient_22.214.171.1246735_amd64.deb ... Unpacking icaclient (126.96.36.1996735) ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of icaclient: icaclient depends on libc6-i386 (>= 2.7-1); however: Package libc6-i386 is not installed. icaclient depends on ia32-libs; however: Package ia32-libs is not installed. icaclient depends on lib32z1; however: Package lib32z1 is not installed. icaclient depends on lib32asound2; however: Package lib32asound2 is not installed. icaclient depends on nspluginwrapper; however: Package nspluginwrapper is not installed. dpkg: error processing package icaclient (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu1) ... Processing triggers for mime-support (3.54ubuntu1) ... Errors were encountered while processing: icaclient
At this point we have installed the software but there are still dependency issues. Normally running apt-get -f install would fix the problem. In this case the only option is to remove the icaclient package and I also had to run apt-get autoremove to get rid of unnecessary dependencies it installed.
After my experience with installing snx, I knew that the 32bit packages were removed after the move to MultiArch support. So I ducked around for a solution only to find this on the Citrix site “Installation Errors with Receiver for Linux 13.0 on Ubuntu 13.10 x64“, which details the problem and the fix. The fix is to essentially go in and edit the deb package to fix the dependency issues. The also provide a workaround to address the “SSL error 61”.
Here is the resolution they suggest:
The following resolution allows using Receiver for Web for authentication, enumeration and launch of the applications and desktops, as the aforementioned bug causes self-service UI to not work.
- Install the dependencies libmotif4:i386 nspluginwrapper lib32z1 libc6-i386 by executing the following command:
sudo apt-get install libmotif4:i386 nspluginwrapper lib32z1 libc6-i386
- Get the official Citrix Receiver 13.0 .deb from: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-receiver/linux/receiver-for-linux-130.html
Note: Download from “For 64-bit Systems” section. The download popup may not work in Chrome, use Firefox.
- Fix the broken .deb package.
You can fix it using the following commands:cd ~/Downloads mkdir ica_temp dpkg-deb -x icaclient_188.8.131.526735_amd64.deb ica_temp dpkg-deb --control icaclient_184.108.40.2066735_amd64.deb ica_temp/DEBIAN sudo vi ica_temp/DEBIAN/control Change the line that starts with "Depends: ..." to: Depends: libc6-i386 (>= 2.7-1), lib32z1, nspluginwrapper Now rebuild the package: dpkg -b ica_temp icaclient-modified.deb
- Install the fixed package:
sudo dpkg -i icaclient-modified.deb
This installation may throw the following error:
dpkg: error processing icaclient (–install):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing icaclient
This can be resolved by changing line 2648 in /var/lib/dpkg/info/icaclient.postinst from echo $Arch|grep “i[0-9]86” >/dev/null to echo $Arch|grep -E “i[0-9]86|x86_64” >/dev/null.
Then restart the post-install sudo dpkg –configure icaclient.
- Add more SSL certificates.
Some sites can give an SSL error. Firefox has many more certificates than Citrix, so add them.
For example, sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
They quote the Ubuntu bug 1185771,
Mark libwebkitgtk-1.0-common as “Multi-Arch: foreign”.
Firefox is also not configured to open the Citrix Files correctly. To fix this select Open With and point it to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica